XDJ-AERO wireless DJ system and native rekordbox(TM) player available in pearl white
Jan 18, 2013 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) --
The wireless revolution now comes in a choice of colours: Pioneer's XDJ-AERO wireless DJ system and native rekordbox(TM) player available in pearl white
Pioneer's XDJ-AERO, the world's first Wi-Fi enabled all-in-one DJ system and native rekordbox(TM) player, now comes in two stylish colours: new cool pearl white (XDJ-AERO-W) or classic black (XDJ-AERO).
Launched in 2012, the XDJ-AERO series ignited the wireless DJing revolution. The controller allows DJs to load music wirelessly from smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs. 1 An all-in-one DJ system, the XDJ-AERO-W works with rekordbox, Pioneer's DJ music management software, and the rekordbox app (downloadable from the App Store), functions as a standalone mixer, and can be used as a MIDI and HID controller.
The XDJ-AERO-W creates its own private Wi-Fi network, allowing DJs to connect to up to four wireless devices at once. The audience can even get involved by sending tracks from their own smartphones or tablets to the XDJ-AERO for a more interactive experience using rekordbox, making Djing truly mobile.
As the first native player for Pioneer's rekordbox music management software, the XDJ-AERO-W puts all the software's features and functions right at DJs' fingertips. rekordbox allows DJs to create and edit playlists on the fly, view beat grids, analyse BPM, and load wave forms during their sets.
DJs can switch between the XDJ-AERO-W's mobile and USB inputs at the touch of a button. And the DJ system boasts all their favourite features, including Sound Colour Filters and rekordbox quantized beat sync. DJs can trigger four pre-loaded samples or choose to upload their own.
The XDJ-AERO-W also functions as a 24-bit audio interface, MIDI controller for Traktor and HID controller for Virtual DJ software. And it can be used as a standalone mixer when connected to CDJs and turntables.
A premium piece of kit both inside and out, the XDJ-AERO series has the look and feel of a pro-DJ product with its pearl white or classic black finish, and a sleek aluminium faceplate. And, at just 65 mm thick, the portable, lightweight XDJ-AERO-W is the world's thinnest combined player and mixer.
The XDJ-AERO: the world's first wireless all-in-one DJ player, mixer and MIDI controller.
The XDJ-AERO-W will be available from February 2013 at an SRP of 869 GBP/999 EUR, including VAT.
Key features of the XDJ-AERO series
Now available in cool pearl white
The XDJ-AERO series offers DJs a choice of colours to suit their style. The XDJ-AERO-W has a pearl white body and shiny gloss finish, while the original XDJ-AERO offers a more classic black design. Both models have blue and white LEDs for an eye-catching set up.
INDUSTRY FIRST: Wirelessly connect to up to four devices
By creating an ad hoc network, the XDJ-AERO-W can sync with up to four Wi-Fi enabled devices at once, without the need for any extra equipment. For the first time, DJs can use smartphones, tablets and computers to wirelessly load rekordbox music to their decks.
DJs can use the XDJ-AERO-W to control wireless devices remotely so they can browse tracks and load them directly to their decks even if the device is not in their hands.
The new rekordbox app allows DJs to use their smartphones and tablets as remote controls for the XDJ-AERO-W. With USB source selected, DJs can browse music and load tracks on the XDJ-AERO-W using the devices' bigger, touch-sensitive screens.
The audience can send music from their wireless devices to the XDJ-AERO-W, though tracks will not load until the DJ accepts them. If a device goes out of range while a track is being played, an emergency loop is created so there is no break in the music. And if a call is made on a smartphone mid-track, the music will continue to play as long as the device supports multitasking.
Plus, by switching the XDJ-AERO-W's music source from wireless to USB, DJs can play tracks on both decks from a single rekordbox-ready storage device.
Includes all the popular features from Pioneer's pro-range
The XDJ-AERO-W brings together all the most exciting features from Pioneer's most popular multi-format players and mixers, including:
- Beat effects 2 : the XDJ-AERO-W boasts the most user-friendly and popular effects from Pioneer's DJM range -- Trans, Flanger, Roll and Echo.
- Post-fader : the effects are applied to the sound after the fader, allowing the sound to fade out naturally rather than stopping suddenly when the DJ cuts the source audio with the faders.
- Sound colour effects: borrowed from the DJM series, the Sound Colour Filters add high- and low-pass filters to the beat effects for even more creativity.
- Sample banks: pre-loaded with four samples, plus DJs can upload their own.
- Auto Loop: tracks can be automatically looped at specified positions.
- Quantize: DJs will never miss a beat again as the quantize function. automatically synchronises the beat of rekordbox-ready tracks and effects.
Automatic features that make perfect mixes a breeze
- Beat Sync 3 : automatically syncs all tracks to the beat to the master deck using rekordbox beat grid information.
- Auto Mix: automatically mixes each track within a playlist if DJs need to step away from the deck during long sets.
Performance features and sample playback
- INDUSTRY FIRST Jog Drum: a more DJ-friendly way of engaging samples. DJs simply load a sample onto the deck and press Jog Drum; they can then trigger and scratch the samples by drumming directly on the jog wheel for more control and creativity.
- Sample Launch: with four samples pre-loaded onto each deck and the option to upload their own, DJs simply push Sample Launch once to perform with the currently engaged sample. By holding down Sample Launch, they can select another sample to perform with. Samples can also be launched using the XDJ-AERO's effects, loops and pitch controls.
One-touch recording of popular mixes
Inherited from Pioneer's DJM-350 mixer, the XDJ-AERO-W allows DJs to record their creations directly to USB as uncompressed CD-quality WAV files.
MIDI and HID control for ultimate flexibility
The XDJ-AERO-W can be used as a MIDI controller for Traktor and HID controller for Virtual DJ software.
Connect external hardware to use as a stand-alone mixer
For maximum flexibility, the unified player and mixer unit also has inputs to connect external hardware, such as CDJs or turntables, so DJs can use it as an independent mixer.
Premium design and build looks the part every time
With its sleek aluminium faceplate, blue LED lights and Pioneer's industry-standard interface, both white and black versions look professional in any venue.
High-end components for superb sound in any environment
The XDJ-AERO's audio circuits are the same as those used in Pioneer's pro-DJ equipment to guarantee pristine sound reproduction. And full digital processing has been used to minimise distortion and noise from A/D-D/A conversion.
- Onboard 44.1 kHz/24-bit high resolution soundcard
- Independent three-band equalizer
- Dual headphone output --minijack for inner-ear headphones and standard jack for full-size headphones
- Four-colour LCD displaying 18 languages
- Mic input and balanced TRS output
Main specifications -- XDJ AERO Series
Smartphones, tablets, USB storage devices (Flash memory/HDD, etc.), computers (Mac/Windows PC)
Playable file formats
USB connection: MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF up to 24-bit/44.1 kHz
Wi-Fi connection: MP3, AAC
USB storage formats supported
FAT, FAT32, HFS+ (read-only, when journaling)
WAV, 16-bit/44.1 kHz
Number of channels
Wireless communications format
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz band)
A/D, D/A converter
20 Hz~20 kHz
105 dB or above
Total harmonic distortion
0.003% or less
A port x ', B port x '
Mic x1(1/4-inch phone)
Master out x2 (1/4-inch phone x1, RCAx1)
Headphone monitor out x2 (front 1/4-inch phone, minipin)
Enclosed AC adapter
Power: AC 220 - 240V(50 Hz/60 Hz)
Maximum external dimensions
623 x 289.5 x 65 mm
rekordbox(TM) music management software ( included):
Mac OS®X (10.5.8, 10.6 or 10.7)
Windows®8/ Windows®8 Pro
Windows®7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/ Ultimate/Business (SP2 or above)
Windows® XP Home Edition/Professional (from SP3)
(Windows® XP Professional x64 edition is not supported)
Playable file formats
MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
About Pioneer Europe
Pioneer Europe NV is the regional European headquarters of the Pioneer Corporation, a global leader in electronics and audio/video products for the home, car, commerce and industry, particularly in the following core multimedia technologies: digital versatile disc (DVD), in-car navigation and AV systems. Its shares are traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
For all media enquiries, please contact Pioneer within your country:
Press images can be downloaded from www.prosvlink.net with press password prodj321.
Alternatively, contact Pioneer DJ (European Marketing Department): email@example.com
Find Pioneer DJ online at: www.djsounds.com www.facebook.com/pioneerdjglobal www.twitter.com/pioneerdjglobal www.youtube.com/pioneerdjglobal
1 Requires PC with wireless LAN functions or wireless LAN network
2 Operates using music where the tempo (BPM: Beats Per Minute) has been analysed or automatically detected during playback by means of rekordbox and special mobile applications
3 Operates with beat-analysed music using rekordbox and special mobile applications
* App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc
* Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries
* Windows®, Windows®7, Windows®8, Windows Vista® and Windows XP are registered trademarks or trade names of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other countries
* rekordboxTM is a registered trademark of Pioneer, Inc
* Other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners
* Other product, technology and company names, etc. mentioned herein are the trade names or registered trademarks of their respective owners
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ Back To Smart Grid Home's Homepage ]